Summer 2016 New Books a plenty!

Hi All! This is the newsletter I sent out to anyone who signed up on the website to receive book news. It’s chock full of updates (Voyagers, the Candymakers sequel, Space Taxi and more). I’ll update the pages here on the website to include the new books very soon. Can’t seem to cut n paste it, but here’s the link.

Hope you’re having fun in the sun! (wear sunscreen, drink water, read a book under the shade of a leafy tree :o)

Wendy

27 Comments

1. Eleanor on July 8, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Only twenty-five more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( I would add more but my dad said “that’s enough”) I just can’t believe that it is so soon! I won’t be anywhere near a book store when it comes out, but I can still buy it on my nook… ( Person 1: It’s not the same. Person 2: Yes it is. Person 1: No it’s not. You don’t get to feel the book. You don’t get the awesomesauce feeling of turning the pages and holding the book… You can’t the the cover well… And above all, it might not come out on the same date… Person 2: Well, at least you get to read the book… But I can’t argue…) Enough of that. You are an AMAZING author! I wish I could write as good as you! Every book that you write is like a different person. Each with it’s own unique personality and style, none of them, not even the sequels are the same, just like how in every soul a star, three people go to the same place, but none of them are alike at all. You are a very good author. ( *puts on funny interrogation voice and face*) But there is one thing. Something that I have questioned since pages 224, 230, and 242 of Graceful. The one thing that I have always wondered… But has never been revealed. We know it can’t be Jake… Who is the person, that Rory marries? It can’t be Jake since he is her son’s uncle, but that means that she marries Jake’s sibling. But who are they? PLEASE tell me!
    From, Eleanor (or Ellie or Ellie-a-nor or Red or just plain Eleanor)

• Wendy Mass on July 19, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Guess what? Now we are down to only 15 more days! Whoo hooo!! You made me smile when quoting your dad. Thank you

• Missyoungcandylover>_ on November 16, 2016 at 3:27 am

nice , Eleanor!

2. Daniel on July 11, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Hi Wendy! I absolutely loooove all of your books, thank you so much for writing them. This time of year I’m preordering a bunch of books, including the new Candymakers book. I can’t wait!! ^u^ Anyways, have a super duper day. Byeeee! πŸ˜‰

• Wendy Mass on July 19, 2016 at 3:40 pm

You just made my day a super duper one with your preorder! Thank you!

3. Julia on July 14, 2016 at 10:56 am

I LOVE your books, Wendy Mass! I just signed up to get book updates because I can’t wait for The Candymakers 2! Also I was thinking you could write a book called Angelina D’Angelo, The One Behind it All (or something like that). It could be from Angelina’s perspective. I just can’t get enough of Willow Falls!

Julia

• Wendy Mass on July 19, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Every time a reader signs up on my website happy bells ring in my home!! Ring ring ring! Also thank you for the great title idea if I were to write a new Willow Falls book.

4. Cal on July 27, 2016 at 1:31 pm

I am so excited for the Candymaker’s sequel! I saw it in a bookstore when I was on vacation and I had to refrain myself from buying it so I could order a signed copy. The cover is gorgeous!!!
    I also feel like such a bad fan because I didn’t know about the Voyager’s series. Now I must go and read that.
    Thank you for putting out so many books this summer!!!

• Wendy Mass on August 10, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Thank you for reading so many books this summer! ????????

5. Esti on July 29, 2016 at 8:38 am

Hi, Wendy! I LOVE your books SO much and I can’t wait for Candymakers 2! Only 4 more days! I can’t wait!! I literally have my Barnes and Noble giftcard waiting on my shelf πŸ™‚ You are an amazing author, and definetly my favorite author πŸ™‚ SO EXCITED!!! Can’t wait!! Have a great day!
    Esti

• Wendy Mass on August 10, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Can’t wait to hear what you think! ????????

6. Faith Johnson on August 5, 2016 at 9:14 am

I read the whole 11 birthdays series and reread them again i love love love them also the Candmakers. Your my favorite author. ^u^

• Wendy Mass on August 9, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I am honored!

7. Hannah on August 9, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Addressing the book (I finished it Sunday, squeal!)
    I LOVED IT!
    The cameos made me so happy… And may hint at a certain sequel for the best friend of a mutant candy prize winner? I didn’t know I wanted it until it was hinted at! Also, the mention of Willow Falls totally confirmed the Massiverse and my day was made by knowing the timeline for the books, especially since Every Soul a Star and Jeremy Fink happen in the same year!
    Beyond that I still just LOVE the book and the use of the characters within it, particularly my favorite Philip [took out spoiler ;o).

All that being said, I think your sequel work was fabulous and wouldn’t mind more (ESAS AND JFatMOL) and also can’t wait to see if you release originals like Pi in the Sky, which I owned but just read this year and thought was amazing.
    This one was a long one, but just wanted to say very good job on the book.

• Wendy Mass on August 13, 2016 at 12:00 am

Hi! Thank you for your great comments! I always wanted to do that Lizzy storyline, but it never happened in its own book, so this way i got to pretend it did! Maybe someday it will happen. I’m so glad you caught all the cameos! I’m also really glad you liked PI, I don’t hear about that one very often and i had SO much fun writing it. Thanks again for reading!! xo

8. Annika on August 9, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I’m so excited! I have read all of your books for tweens and teens

• Wendy Mass on August 9, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Thank you!

9. Libby on August 14, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Wendy,
    you are my favorite author ever I finished the candymakers and the great chocolate chase in 2 days! I loved all the cameos πŸ™‚ Thank you for being AMAZING! You rock!

• Wendy Mass on August 17, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Two days? I think you rock! Thank you and way to go!

10. Hannah on August 20, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Thank you for being such a fantastic writer! I love to read all of your books, although my favorites are the Willow Falls books. I love the way you are able to make magic seem so natural in the stories, while keeping the characters relatable. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me! I look forward to more books!

• Wendy Mass on August 25, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Thank you for making my day with this thoughtful note! Happy Reading!

11. River on August 24, 2016 at 4:41 pm

i am SUCH a huge fan. A couple days later after Graceful came out, I found out about it, so, i ran as fast as i could upstairs to wake my mom up so we could order it!!! I love the Willow Falls series so much, i spend every second of my free time (and lunch period @school..) to read it and usually i can finish it in around less than a day. πŸ™‚ You’re the best!

• Wendy Mass on August 25, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Thank you! I think your mom is the best for waking up early! It sounds like you are a strong reader. Have a happy new school year!

12. Kimberley on August 25, 2016 at 9:39 am

AH! (I’d put so many more exclamation marks but I’m pretending to keep it cool but inside I’m squealing.) I finished reading CM2 a and it was… it was AWESOMESAUCE, as Grace would say. [so sorry, spoilers in here so had to cut] But I guess the mystery makes it fun. I know you must get this a lot, but will a move ever happen? I know there was a movie for Jeremy Fink but honestly all of your books deserve a movie! I could look up from where I’m sitting and see my growing collection of all of your books, beside me is CM2 with a reading light on top. The nearest bookstore to me is a good 1hr 40min drive but that doesn’t stop me. I’ve written to you before and my comments are always a little to long. I’m going to end this quickly by saying your books have been a wonderful part of my life, if I were to go deeper, this comment would be soo long. But in short, Life Is Sweet with a book in one hand and candy in the other. πŸ™‚

• Wendy Mass on August 25, 2016 at 10:48 am

You are soooo sweet and i’m honored that you invited the books into your life!! I loved hearing the things that struck you in CM2 (sorry i had to cut them here for spoilery-ness, a new word i just invented! ;o). But it was really fun to hear your responses to the surprises, and as for the identity of Mr. J…it was the second one you mentioned! I’m glad you enjoyed the cameos–it takes an eagle-eyed reader to find them all. Hugs!!!
      Wendy

13. Angelina on August 25, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Hi Wendy, just wanted to let you know that I love all your books! Haven’t actually read CM2 yet…:( put it on hold at the library and it should be in tomorrow, though!! Cannot wait to read it!! I love all of your books, but my favorite is probably Pi in the Sky. That was sooo good! Please keep writing!!

• Wendy Mass on August 25, 2016 at 10:24 pm

I promise I will keep writing! I love requesting books at the library as when they come in it feels almost like a birthday gift!