LO AND BEHOLD

Greetings and salutations! Been a while. Hope you’re happy and healthy! I’ve been hard at work on my latest project, a graphic novel called LO AND BEHOLD. It has to do with virtual reality, and moon trees, and lots more that will make sense if you read it (which should be sometime in 2022!). There will be some super-cool augmented reality parts to the book that I’m really excited about.

For anyone who has a copy of BOB…if you follow the instructions on the comic book page below, you’ll get a nice surprise! (click to put it on its own page, then click again to make it bigger/clearer).

As always, if you’d like a book personalized for the holidays (or any time), call my local bookstore (Sparta Books) at 973-729-6200. They’ll call me, I’ll come in and sign them, and off they go to you.

Back to work I go. (heigh ho)

Happy holidays to all!

xo

Wendy

35 Comments

1. El Bond on December 9, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Wow! I Can’t wait to read your new coming book. But 22 years in the making, is quite a lot! I LOVE Virtual reality so this would be a great book for me. 🙂
    Keep writing!☺

• Wendy Mass on October 24, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Hi, I’m so glad you like VR too! The writing part of the graphic novel is done so now the magic happens! Thanks for the encouragement 🙂 Wendy

2. Jacquie on February 5, 2020 at 11:43 am

!!!!! Soon as it comes out, i be all over it!!!!

• Wendy Mass on October 24, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Thanks so much, getting closer 🙂

3. the 9 year old bookwriter on February 25, 2020 at 2:37 pm

I heard you are coming to our school, the UES, tommorow. see you feb 26!

• Wendy Mass on October 24, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Yes, it was such a great visit, one of my last before school shut down. xo

4. Rodas Meheretu on April 21, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Hi Wendy!!
    I’m a HUGE fan!! I’ve read the Willow Falls series 5 times each, Jeremey Fink and the Meaning of Life 4 times, Every soul a Star 3 times, and Pi in the Sky 3 times! (is that creepy? I hope that’s not creepy. I’m trying not to be creepy). I LOVE your books SO MUCH!! I heard that tomorrow, April 22nd is your B-day, so Happy Birthday, Wendy!! I can’t wait for your new books and can’t wait to read the Candymakers 2!!! Love you so much!
    Your Biggest Fan,
    Rodas Meheretu

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm

You are so sweet for thinking of me. I’m sorry it took so long for me to see this; I’m not very good at posting these LOL. I’m honored that you read my books so many times and you sound so much like how my daughter would write to someone whose books she really likes. Thank you again for reading them and for being so awesome 🙂 Wendy

5. Sarah Roan on April 21, 2020 at 6:52 pm

Hi! I really love the birthday books! My friend introduced me to them, she is your biggest fan. She told me that tomorrow is your birthday so I wanted to say “happy birthday!” You are really an inspiration to me. I am curious though, how do you come up with your books? I would really like to know, so, that is all. Happy Birthday again, bye!

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes even though I didn’t see this on time LOL. My ideas usually come from something that I see so I come up with the plot before the characters. Every writer approaches stories a little differently, but that’s how it usually works for me. Thanks so much for the kind words and hugs to you and your friend 🙂 Wendy

6. Ally on May 26, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Here’s a quick story on how you’ve (Wendy Mass) changed my life. When I was 8 I went on a camping trip with my cousin. She’s 2 years older than me. She lent me her copy of 11 Birthdays. I have read that book so many times since then. Now I am 14. Two years ago she committed suicide. Now when I read your book I can remember when she gave it to me. I remember all the fun times we had together. Thank you for giving me something to have so I can remember her. Thank you for writing such an amazing book. I love every single one of your books although the Willow Falls series are my favorite.

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:26 pm

First, I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin and what you all must have gone through. I am honored the book has been able to help you keep a part of her with you. I’m glad it launched you on a trip through Willow Falls and provided companionship through some dark days. Thank you so much for sharing your story and I will be thinking of you and sending you and your family a really long hug. Love, Wendy

7. Katrina Arndt on June 17, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Wendy,

Thank you for writing The Last Present. We liked the characters. Katrina liked how Amanda took part in the action and also narrated the story.

Ivy liked how the series changes who the main character is – she read all of the series through The Last Present and knows that the perspective changes from Amanda, to Rory, to Amanda, then Grace.

Ivy’s favorite character is Rory, because it’s a funny book and a lot of abstract things happen to Rory, like the devil bunny.

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:19 pm

Poor Rory, she was really a trooper LOL. I had a lot of fun with that one. Having the different narrators let me focus on different parts of the stories but it was fun for me to return to Amanda once she was a few years older. It was a little harder to write Grace because she was the youngest of all of them, but also maybe the wisest 😉 Thanks so much for sharing! All my best to you both. 🙂 Wendy

8. Katrina Arndt on June 17, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Wendy, thank you for writing Every Soul a Star. We really hope you write a sequel. We have so many questions. We wonder: how does Allie do in school? How does Jack do in school after the summer at the camp? What happens to Bree, when she’s stuck on the campsite? Does her inner geek ruin her life?

We read your book this summer as part of summer reading. Your book was the first!

We look forward to hearing from you! Katrina and Maggie

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:16 pm

Hi guys! I’m honored that you read the book for summer reading and I love all your questions! I thought about making a sequel but wound up writing new books instead. I did, however, sneak those characters into another one of my books called The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase. So if you read that book, you’ll get a few answers, I think. I hope that helps and that you guys remember to look up at the night sky sometimes. (But not while crossing a street LOL) xo, Wendy

9. April Clarke on July 5, 2020 at 7:00 am

Dear Wendy,
    I’m a former ESL teacher and more importantly Grandma to 19 grandchildren. During this virus, I needed a project so I created a bookclub for my 6 granddaughters. They live in CA, MD, and NJ.
    We met on zoom every Sunday at 4:00. I absolutely loved your book, The Candymakers. We made homemade chocolates(those gals who lived near me). Your life lessons were a springboard for thought provoking discussions. One was did an adult every lie to you? Your character development and mysterious, cliff handing chapter endings only encouraged my readers to learn more. In looking back at this wonderful making memory experience, I got more out this bookclub! I grew closer to my granddaughters and gleaned more in depth understanding of their lives. Our youngest was 9 and the oldest 14. ‘Thank you, Wendy!

• Wendy Mass on October 27, 2020 at 5:52 pm

Wow, I’m honored that you chose my book for such a creative and lovely family event. I’m glad it gave you guys a lot to talk about and hopefully everyone had some candy handy during it. I love that question and it makes me think if there’s anything I’ve lied to my own children about – all in their best interests of course LOL. I felt bad for Phillip in the book but I think his dad’s lie is a real turning point for him to do some growing up and to stand up to him. Thank you again for choosing the book and may I say, 19 grandchildren, wow! #blessed! All my best to you and the gang, Wendy

10. Elsa Natynski on July 10, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Hi there! I am literally your biggest fan and I was wondering if you plan to do anymore Willow Falls books? They are the best books I have ever read and I love reading about Amanda and Leo. I highly suggest you write more of them they are truly the best books ever! Thanks! -your BIGGEST FAN

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Wow thank you so much, I’m so glad you loved them; that means a lot to me. I loved writing those books and if I did write another one, it would be about their kids, but I’m still trying to think of a good-enough idea. Maybe one day there’ll be a film or TV show. But if there are any more books, I will let you know here! 🙂 Thanks again for reading them and for checking in. Big hugs, Wendy

11. Erinn on July 13, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Hi Wendy! I’m a huge fan of all of your books, my favorite being the willow falls series. Rory reminded me a lot of myself and she and the rest of team grace really helped me through my middle school years, (i am a freshman now!) Your books have inspired me to write and read, basically my love of books. Someday I want to be an amazing author just like you. I know that the series has been over for a little now. but I’m really wondering; will you ever make a movie of the willow falls series? Jeremy Fink and the meaning of life was an amazing movie/book and I really would love to see the willow falls gang get turned into a movie! Thank you for all that you’ve helped me through by reading your books! Please never stop writing<3 ~ Erinn

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 3:02 pm

Wow, that was so lovely and moving. I’m honored that the books were able to be good companions for you, that means so much to me. Fingers crossed for a movie or TV show. I think a few different options have been considered and I will definitely post with any news. Big hugs to you and I hope you’re enjoying high school, as strange as it is in 2020. Hugs, Wendy

12. Chloe on July 30, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Dear Wendy Mass,
    I can not wait for your new book “Lo and Behold”!
    So far I have read ALL of your books and they are really Amazing!!

So I just wanted to say:
    Thank You!!

Sincirly Chloe E.

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 2:58 pm

Thanks so much, the writing part is done and now the artist will get to work their magic. I’ll check back in in a few months with updates. Thanks so much for being excited about it! 🙂 xo, Wendy.

13. sunny on September 2, 2020 at 11:17 pm

hello,will there be A third part of the candy maker book.

sunny w

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Hi Sunny! I’m currently writing a prequel but it will be in graphic-novel format, and Logan’s grandfather as a boy will be the main character. I’ll update my blog in a few months with more news on that. Thanks so much 🙂 Wendy

14. Alexandra V. on September 20, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Hi Wendy Mass!
    I am a huge fan of your the willow falls series! I love how the elements of each story connect to the other books!
    I was wondering if you could try to work together with movie producers to make movies of these stories. I would love to see how that would work out!
    I have a few questions. Please answer them!
    Here they are!

1) If the Willow Falls series were filmed, where would you want to film it?
    2) Who is your favorite character from the Willow Falls series?

I am really hoping you reply!
    Thank you so much!

-Alexandra

• Wendy Mass on October 23, 2020 at 2:42 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed the series!

1) I’d be thrilled if Willow Falls became a film or TV show, and it would be great if it was a made in a quaint little magical town 😉

2) I’d guess I’d have to say Amanda because I know her the best. But poor Rory LOL. Thanks again for writing! xo, Wendy

15. Fathima on October 18, 2020 at 11:40 am

Hi,
    My daughter, 10 yrs old, read “The Candymaker” and really loves it!
    she is writing a letter to you and wants to mail it. Can you please let me know where I can mail it to?

Thank You for inspiring the next generation to read !

• Wendy Mass on October 19, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Hi, that’s so kind of you!! I have an email that’s normally just for teachers (wendy@wendymass.com) but if you take a picture and email it there I’ll write her back. I’m currently working on a prequel! All my best to you both! :o) –Wendy

16. Elise on January 28, 2022 at 5:16 pm

Hi Wendy! I just want to say that I love your books! The willow falls series is my favorite, but every single one of your books is amazing. You’ve inspired me to keep writing and keep reading. Visiting willow falls has helped me through covid and not seeing my friends, so thanks for that. Thanks so much for writing and inspiring kids like me.
    E. K.

• Wendy Mass on January 29, 2022 at 10:57 am

Hi E.K! Your post made my eyes get glassy ;o). The biggest reward from writing these books is hearing they provided comfort or companionship through these last few difficult years. Thank you for letting me know and I’m glad to hear you’re writing too! Sending big hugs across the miles! –w.

17. Chloe on March 3, 2022 at 5:29 pm

Hi, I was wondering when you’re newest novel LO AND BEHOLD will come out. Also, what is a moon tree? Been wondering that since you’re latest post. Oh, and remember you’re first book, A Mango-shaped Space? (why did I ask that, yeah you remember!) Well, I was wondering if Mia still hates, I’m sorry, STRONGLY DISLIKES Adam still. I think you’re books are SOOOOOO good and you are on my list of favorite authors EVER!

Keep writing,
    Chloe. S

18. Prithika on March 30, 2022 at 4:57 pm

Hi, Wendy! Its 2022, and i think i’m a little late, but i have finished candymakers 1 and 2, i definitely couldn’t stop reading. I loved how you connected everyone’s point of view and i was stunned by how everyone shared their secrets, it was truly breathtaking, i loved all the little jokes you included to! Cant wait for a candymakers book 3 or prequel, And i would love to see something about Daisy and her spy school!

xox

19. Sara on April 4, 2022 at 9:17 am

Hi, I’m Sara Rothenberg. I remember reading the book “Heaven Looks a Lot Like The Mall” when I was 11. I enjoyed it, but didn’t fully grasp its meaning until after I read it a few more times. After I did, it made me want to become a more mature person. That was surely a positive message. In fact, that scene where Nail Boy and Tessa speak to each other inside of that church made me want to truly become a Christian. I would be honored to play Eliza if they ever make a movie or miniseries based off of that story.